看美劇練口語 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E05 Part1

Scene 1 Jay & Gloria

  • Your team scored two goals. 你們隊得了兩分。
  • Give me a break. 饒了我吧
  • French toaster sticks 法式烤麪包棒,法棍。
  • the Ohio State. 俄亥俄州
  • 足球:在大部分國家叫做 football, 英國足球;
    在美國,加拿大,澳大利亞叫做 soccer; 在美語中football指美式的橄欖球
    (想到在《反擊》中有個場景:holiday在英式、美式英語中的區別。--好像在S03E01開頭)

Let's go, buddy. Schooltime. 走吧 夥計 該上學了
Oh, and Gloria, if you want to get together with the girls later, 歌洛莉亞 如果你待會和你閨蜜有約
I could just, you know, watch the football game or something. 我可以自己看看橄欖球賽什麼的
That means he wants to watch a football game. 其實他就是想看橄欖球賽
I'm not talking to you. 我不是和你說話
What are you drinking coffee for anyway? 你爲什麼要喝咖啡
It's my culture. I'm Colombian. 這是我的文化習俗 我是哥倫比亞人
Oh, yeah? What part of Colombia 是嗎 這些法式吐司
are those French toaster sticks from? 也是哥倫比亞的嗎
Babe, I'm not sure about the game. 親愛的 我不太確定你今天能看比賽
The whole family's coming over for the barbecue. 因爲全家人都要過來燒烤
-That's today? -Sí. -是今天嗎 -沒錯
It's the Ohio State game. 今天可是俄亥俄州賽
So? Everybody can watch. 那又怎樣 每個人都能看
I don't like watching the game with people who don't know the game. 我不喜歡和不懂球的人一起看比賽
People talk. 七嘴八舌亂指點
You talk at my football games. 你也會亂指點我的橄欖球比賽
For one thing, it's called soccer. 首先 你那個是足球
Your team scored two goals all season. 而且你們隊整個賽季只得了兩分
I'm not taking a big risk. 我隨便說也不會冒風險
How much of this did you drink? 你到底喝了多少啊
Give me a break. I have to climb a rope today. 饒了我吧 我今天得去攀繩呢

Scene 2 Phil & Claire

  • Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are?
  • there's book smart, and then there's street smart. -and then there's Luke. 盧克屬於第三類。
    -book smart 讀書大智慧
    -street smart 市井小聰明

-Hey, Mom. -Yeah? -媽媽 -怎麼了
Can I have $40 for lunch? 能給我40塊錢吃午飯嗎
Forty dollars? 40塊
-I also need a book for school. -What book? -學校還讓我們買本書 -什麼書
I want a dress. 我想買條裙子
Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are? 你知道你撒謊撒得多失敗嗎
I'd be more worried that 我更擔心的是
she couldn't come up with a single book title. 她連一本書的名字都想不出來
Luke, come on. We're late. 盧克 快點 我們要遲到了
Mmm, there's a first-inside out and backwards. 這是第一次裏外前後全都穿反了
At least it isn't zipped into his... 至少他沒把衣服塞進...
Oh. There it is. 好吧 真塞進去了
Well, there's book smart, and then there's street smart. 有人是"讀書大智慧" 也有人是"市井小聰明"
Yeah, and then there's Luke. 沒錯 盧克屬於第三類怪胎
Oh, he's just... He's just curious. That's all. 他只是 他只是好奇心重 僅此而已
He's got this almost scientific mind... 他有着科學家的頭腦
with a thirst for knowledge. 以及對知識的渴望
He's like this little Einstein. 他像小愛因斯坦一樣
Some people ask, "Why?" 有些人會問"爲什麼"
Luke asks, "Why not?" 但盧克會問"爲什麼不呢"
I ask "Why?" a lot. 我經常問"爲什麼"

Scene 3 Phil & Claire

  • please don't spike our baby. 小心別弄傷孩子了
  • Double question to prove a point 雙重反問。
  • referee n. 裁判員; vi.&vt. 擔任裁判;仲裁.
  • antique fountain pens 古董鋼筆.
    -fountain n. 噴泉,泉水.
  • I'm quite adept at Japanese flower arrangement- 我很擅長日式插花技術.
    -flower arrangement 插花.
    -ikebana "花道".
  • starting offensive lineman 進攻內鋒。
  • the University of Illinois 伊利諾伊大學。
  • home pickle-making 醃菜。 a sack of pickles 一包醃菜。
  • scrapbooking 剪貼簿。

We're at the ten. We're at the five. 我們在十碼區 現在是五碼區
We're at the one. Daddy, we're scoring a touchdown! 到達一碼 爸爸 我們觸地得分啦
No, please... please don't spike our baby. 別 小心別弄傷孩子了
Why is she dressed like the Hamburglar? 爲什麼她穿得像漢堡神偷公仔
She's a referee. 她是裁判
Do... Do we even have to go to my dad's tonight? 我們今晚一定要去我爸那裏嗎
Are you kidding me? We're playing Ohio State. 你在開玩笑嗎 今晚是俄亥俄州賽
I collect antique fountain pens. 我收集古董鋼筆
I'm quite adept at Japanese flower arrangement- 我很擅長日式插花技術
ikebana- "花道"
and I was a starting offensive lineman at the University of Illinois. 而且我曾是伊利諾伊大學的首發進攻內鋒
Surprise. 驚訝吧
-I don't like football. -You know what? -我不喜歡橄欖球 -你知道嗎
I thought part of being in a relationship... 我認爲維持戀情的一方面
was pretending to enjoy your partner's interests. 就是要愛屋及烏
Do you think I really loved home pickle-making? 你以爲我真的喜歡做醃菜嗎
Yeah, 'cause you did. 是的 因爲你確實喜歡
For a week, 就喜歡一週
until we became the weird guys who gave everybody pickles. 到後來別人都以爲我們是到處送醃菜的怪胎
Oh, thank you, Marvin, for inviting us into your lovely home. 馬文 謝謝邀請我們到你溫馨的家來
Here. Would you care for a sack of pickles? 給你 請收下這包醃菜
It was charming. 你真可愛
We were picklers, Mitchell. 我們是醃菜工 米奇爾
Okay, you know what? Fine. 好吧 那就算了
Stay home with your little jagged scissors. 和你的小剪刀待在家裏吧
Maybe catch up on your scrapbooking. 你可以繼續弄你的剪貼簿
Come... You loved scrapbooking. 拜託 你也喜歡剪貼簿啊
Did I, Mitchell? Did I? 我有嗎 米奇爾 我有嗎
Stop. Don't do the "Double question to prove a point" thing. 夠了 別以爲搞個雙重反問就是真的了
I hate it when people do that. 我討厭別人那麼做
Do you, Mitchell? Do you? 是嗎 米奇爾 是嗎
Stop, Lily. 別鬧了 莉莉

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章