摘抄《天鵝湖節選》

Love Makes a King


The Prince did not understand.

王子不明白髮生了什麼。


"Ozlowe, what has happened to you? Speak to me!"

“厄茲洛,你怎麼了?跟我說話!”


He looked back at the lake.

他回頭看着湖面。


The swan was gone.

天鵝已經不見了。


"Everything I do goes wrong. This must have happened because of me!"

“我做的每件事都出錯了。這一定是因爲我才發生的。”


The Prince returned to the palace sadder than before, thinking to himself:

王子回到宮殿,心情比之前更悲傷,心裏想:


"If only Ozlowe were here! There is nothing good in my life any more".

“要是厄茲洛在這兒就好了!我的生命中再也沒什麼好事了。”


Zigfried's mother came to see him that night.

那天晚上,齊格弗裏德的母親來看他。


She had something important to say.

她有重要的事情要說。


"Zigfried, soon you will be eighteen years old. You must take your father's place as King. I am having a ball on your birthday so that you may choose a wife, and I will invite all the princesses from the other kingdoms."

“齊格弗裏德,你很快就要十八歲了。你必須繼承你父親的王位。你生日那天我要舉辦一個舞會,這樣你就可以挑選一個妻子了。而且我會邀請其它王國的所有公主。”


"But I do not wish to marry, Mother. I do not love anyone."

“但是我不想結婚,媽媽,我不愛任何人。”



"You will learn to love someone. First, you must stop thinking of yourself."

“你會學會去愛一個人的。首先,你必須停止只考慮自己。”


"If this will make you happy, I'll do it, Mother."

“如果這會讓你開心,我會去做,媽媽。”


"It is not for my happiness that I am doing this. It is for yours, and all the other people in this land. You see, love is more powerful than we know. Without it, you will not be a great King."

“我這樣做不是爲自己開心。是爲了你,還有這個國度的人民。你知道,愛比我們所知道的更強大。沒有愛,你不會成爲一位偉大的國王。”


His mother left him.

他的母親離開了他。


He sat at the window, thinking of what she had said.

他坐在窗邊,想着她說的話。


He wanted to love someone with all his heart, but he didn't know who it would be.

他想全心全意地愛一個人,但他不知道這個人會是誰。

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章