Offline version with full features of Online version and Free
|PNETLab is a free platform|
|Lab Store||Lab Store is a place to share lab (online) with many people.|
|Device Store||Device Store allow you to get devices with only one click|
|IOS (Cisco, Juniper, Arista...)||Included in the lab when you download from the store (save your time for learning only).|
|Docker Integrated||Included in the devices tab button, just download and use.|
|User's roles||Admin, User (depends on your definition)|
|Learning Center||Full Feature, check this link: Link|
|Lab Timer||Timer for Lab training.|
|Lab Task (workbook)||Add PDF or HTML workbook to the lab file.|
|Running Lab Management||User can run one more Lab, the running lab will appear in Running lab tab management.|
|Unlimited node per Lab||Unlimited node per lab.|
|Wireshark Capture||Local and Docker Wireshark integrated.|
|Telnet||Local and HTML Console|
|Hot connections||Live Node interface connections|
|NAT Cloud||Integrated PNETLab NAT Cloud|
|Multi startup configuration per lab||Multi startup configuration per lab.|
|Custom Image template||Option custom image template|
|Link design feature||Option to change connection color, style|
|Rich integrated text editor||Rich HTML text editor for text and object management in the lab.|
|Admin user option to join in other user labs||Admin user can join the other user lab in the parallel session|
Admin user option to open a parallel console session to other user nodes
|Admin user can open a parallel console session to other user nodes|
|Running labs and nodes management||Admin can manage other users running labs and nodes. Join or stop labs or nodes.|
|Info about HDD/labs use per user, User into web GUI||Information about user HDD resource use|
|Dark Mode||Switch Lab view mode to Dark or Light mode|
|3D Model||Switch Lab view to 3D Mode|
|Change the size of the node icon||Change the size of the node icon in the Lab.|
|Proxy Configuration||Proxy Configuration in PNETLab|
|Change the Label position||Change the label position in the lab|
|Manage RAM, CPU, HDD||Mange RAM, CPU, HDD for each Node, User, Lab|
|Limit RAM, CPU, HDD||Able to limit RAM, CPU, HDD for each User. If get over the threshold user will can't not open new Node or Lab|
|Beautiful Icons||Allow user to add more icons|
Download the .ova file and deploy on virtualization platforms such as VirtualBox, VMWare,...
- You must enable Virtualization to run Qemu Node.
- You have to make sure Virtualization is enabled in your BIOS
- If Virtualization is not enabled you will meet this warning on the console screen: WARNING: neither Intel VT-x or AMD-V found
Step 02: Register and Login
- Access to your box by a browser (through IP address in your PNETLab box - in my case, the IP address is: 192.168.17.135)
- Login by default account: root/pnet then complete the initial setup process. If you don't have any idea about any field just leave it default
- After finish the initial setup, If you want to use Online Mode you need to check the connection to internet.
- To check internet connection run commands: ping pnetlab.com; ping user.pnetlab.com, ping uploader.pnetlab.com, ping docker.io
- In case you can not ping to internet, please try:
- Reset network adapter of virtualization platform (Vmware: Edit > Virtual network Editor > Restore Default)
- Disable then enable virtual network card on your window (Vmware: vmnet 1 and vmnet 8)
Use only one virtualization platform (Vmware: uninstall virtualbox or hyper-v)
You'll be linked to the Login form
There are two options, you can log in: Online and Offline mode (for more detail you can check this link: https://pnetlab.com/pages/documentation?slug=system-mode-in-pnetlab)
- Don't need internet to work
- Don't need to register. Login by default account: admin/pnet
- Support full functions of PNETLab
- You can only download and use Open Labs (The Labs with "Open" in the top) on the Store
- You can not share or sell lab to the Store
- Limit 10 accounts (Can be upgraded but require internet)
- Need internet to work
- Need to register.
- Support full functions of PNETLab
- You can download and use all Labs on the Store
- You can share or sell lab to the Store
- Limit 10 accounts (Can be upgraded)
If you select OFFLINE MODE: Just login by default account: admin/pnet then go to next steps.
- If Select Online Mode: You need to create an account. Make sure your PNETLab can connect to internet.
- If you still not have an account click on Sign Up.
- Fill in the Sign In form and click Register. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address in 2-3 minutes. Click the Verify button to complete your registration.
- Then click to Download button (Lab is included: lab file (unl), and workbook)
- Note: PNETLab does not provide IOS anymore so you can not see any Dependency packages. All nodes in the lab will not be able to start, to fix please refer: LINK
- After completes download LAB (Lab file, IOS, and Workbook), click to Go to Lab button, then Lab will download to the folder: Your labs from PNETLab Store
- Practice your lab: Open lab then Start all nodes
- Open Workbook (Lab task)
- Console (There are two type of console: HTML Console and Native Console)
- HTML Console: Turn on HTML console by click on button HTML Console at the left sidebar menu.
- Native Console: You need to install client packages. Refer: https://pnetlab.com/pages/documentation?slug=how-to-console-to-devices