新概念第二冊:Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch?

Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch?
早餐還是午餐?

First listen and then answer the question.
聽錄音,然後回答以下問題。

Why was the writer's aunt surprised?
爲什麼作者的阿姨感到了驚訝?

It was Sunday.
那是個星期天,

I never get up early on Sundays.
而在星期天我是從來不早起的,

I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime.
有時我要一直躺到喫午飯的時候。

Last Sunday I got up very late.
上個星期天,我起得很晚。

I looked out of the window. It was dark outside.
我望望窗外,外面一片昏暗。

'What a day!' I thought. 'It's raining again.'
“鬼天氣!”我想,“又下雨了。”

Just then, the telephone rang.
正在這時,電話鈴響了。

It was my aunt Lucy.
是我姑母露西打來的。

'I've just arrived by train,' she said. 'I'm coming to see you.'
“我剛下火車,”她說,“我這就來看你。”

'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said.
“但我還在喫早飯,”我說。

'What are you doing?' she asked.
“你在幹什麼?”她問道。

'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated.
“我正在喫早飯,”我又說了一遍。

'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'
“天啊,”她說,“你總是起得這麼晚嗎?現在已經1點鐘了!”

語法

get up

起牀;起身;站起來;叫…起牀

  • I have to get up and turn off the radio
    我必須起牀關上收音機。

  • They have to get up early in the morning.
    他們大清早就得起牀。

  • He's much better and can get up now.
    他好多了,能下牀了。

until

到…時;直到…爲止

  • Until now, the BBC has only been available in South Africa on short wave.
    直到目前爲止,南非只能以短波形式收聽英國廣播公司的節目。

  • Until then, I had known nothing about it.
    直到那時,我對那件事都一無所知。

  • He will probably wait until the last minute.
    他也許會等到最後一刻。

not ... until

  • It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified.
    直到1911年才發現了第一種維生素。

  • She didn't arrive until 6 o”clock.
    她直到6點纔到。

  • Don't get off the bus until it has stopped.
    公共汽車停穩後再下車。

Do you always get up so late?

so + adj/adv

如此...

  • Do you always get up so late?
    你總是起得這麼晚嗎?

  • She looked so beautiful, and at the same time so remote.
    她相貌如此美麗,同時又如此清高不羣。

  • Please don't speak so fast.
    請別說得那麼快。
發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章