Dialogue 1
A: Whoa! What smells so good? My mouth is watering!
B: You have a sharp nose. I made spaghetti and meatballs! Come on, get ready for dinner!
A:哇!什麼聞起來這麼香?我都流口水了!
B: 你鼻子可真尖。我做了意大利麪和肉丸!來吧,準備開飯!
Dialogue 2
A: Hi there! Are you ready to order , or do you still need a few more minutes?
B:Oh, my mouth is watering just looking at the menu. I'm still deciding.
A:OK, take your time.I'll just bring some water over.
A:您好!您準備好點菜了嗎,還是要再等幾分鐘?
B:哦,光是看見這菜單我就流口水了。我還在考慮。
A:好的,不着急,我先給您倒點水來。
要點
1.My mouth is watering.
我的嘴巴在流口水了。
mouth n. 嘴巴
water n. 水/v.流口水,澆水,飲,流眼淚
water the plants 給植物澆水
water the horses飲馬
The smoke made my eyes water.
煙燻得我直流眼淚。
What smells so good ? My mouth is watering!
什麼聞起來這麼香?我都流口水了!
smell v.聞起來,聞到
My mouth is watering just looking at the menu.
只是光看菜單我都流口水了。
menu n.菜單
2.sharp adj. 敏捷的,尖銳的
You have a sharp nose.
你鼻子可真尖。
3.餐廳點餐實用表達:
Are you ready to order ?
你準備好點菜了麼?
be ready to do sth. 準備好做某事
order v.點菜、訂購、下單
Or do you still need a few more minutes?
或者你還需要幾分鐘嗎?
Yeah, I'm ready to order.
是的,我準備好點菜了。
I'll have...
我要點
I'll have a spaghetti.
我要一份意大利麪。
I'm still deciding.
我還在決定中,也就是還在考慮
4.bring sth.over 把某物拿來、帶來
Take your time.I'll just bring some water over.
您別急,我先給您拿點水來。