摘抄《天鹅湖节选》

Love Makes a King


The Prince did not understand.

王子不明白发生了什么。


"Ozlowe, what has happened to you? Speak to me!"

“厄兹洛,你怎么了?跟我说话!”


He looked back at the lake.

他回头看着湖面。


The swan was gone.

天鹅已经不见了。


"Everything I do goes wrong. This must have happened because of me!"

“我做的每件事都出错了。这一定是因为我才发生的。”


The Prince returned to the palace sadder than before, thinking to himself:

王子回到宫殿,心情比之前更悲伤,心里想:


"If only Ozlowe were here! There is nothing good in my life any more".

“要是厄兹洛在这儿就好了!我的生命中再也没什么好事了。”


Zigfried's mother came to see him that night.

那天晚上,齐格弗里德的母亲来看他。


She had something important to say.

她有重要的事情要说。


"Zigfried, soon you will be eighteen years old. You must take your father's place as King. I am having a ball on your birthday so that you may choose a wife, and I will invite all the princesses from the other kingdoms."

“齐格弗里德,你很快就要十八岁了。你必须继承你父亲的王位。你生日那天我要举办一个舞会,这样你就可以挑选一个妻子了。而且我会邀请其它王国的所有公主。”


"But I do not wish to marry, Mother. I do not love anyone."

“但是我不想结婚,妈妈,我不爱任何人。”



"You will learn to love someone. First, you must stop thinking of yourself."

“你会学会去爱一个人的。首先,你必须停止只考虑自己。”


"If this will make you happy, I'll do it, Mother."

“如果这会让你开心,我会去做,妈妈。”


"It is not for my happiness that I am doing this. It is for yours, and all the other people in this land. You see, love is more powerful than we know. Without it, you will not be a great King."

“我这样做不是为自己开心。是为了你,还有这个国度的人民。你知道,爱比我们所知道的更强大。没有爱,你不会成为一位伟大的国王。”


His mother left him.

他的母亲离开了他。


He sat at the window, thinking of what she had said.

他坐在窗边,想着她说的话。


He wanted to love someone with all his heart, but he didn't know who it would be.

他想全心全意地爱一个人,但他不知道这个人会是谁。

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章