亲子阅读📖《What A Bad Dream》可怕的梦

适读年龄:6-9岁

今天分享小毛怪系列故事,名字叫《What a Bad Dream》,小毛怪Litter Critter做了一个梦,他梦到自己长出了尖尖的牙齿和长长的尾巴,他拥有了一双蝙蝠的翅膀,他养了一只大猩猩做宠物。他也不用去上学了,想去哪儿就去哪儿,不用洗澡,不用收拾房间,饿了就吃冰淇淋...可是到了晚上,谁放他进被窝呢?谁给他讲睡前故事呢?谁给他爱的抱抱呢?

I had a dream that I made a magic potion.

我做了一个梦,梦里我制造出了魔法药水。


After I mixed it up, I drank the potion down.

在我混合好药水后,我把药水喝了。

Then weird things started to happen,

接着,奇怪的事情开始发生了,


just like in a spooky show on television.

就像在电视上的恐怖秀里一样。


I changed.

我变了。


I grew pointy fangs and long claws.

我长出了尖尖的牙齿和长长的爪子。


I had bat wings and a long tail.

我长出了蝙蝠一样的翅膀和长长的尾巴。

I could roar so loud that I scared everybody,

我可以大声咆哮,吓到每个人,


and they left me alone.

于是他们留下我一个人待著。


Then I did whatever I wanted.

然后我做了我想做的任何事。

I lived all by myself.

我独自生活。


My room looked just the way I wanted it to look.

我的房间看起来正是我想要的样子。


I had cookies and ice cream for breakfast.

我早餐吃了饼干和冰淇淋。

I never brushed my fur or my fangs

我从来没有刷过我的皮毛或尖牙,


and I never changed my clothes.

也从未换过衣服。


I got a gorilla for a pet.

我养了一只大猩猩做宠物。

I didn't go to school.

我没有去学校。


I just rode my bicycle wherever I wanted.

我只是骑自行车到我想去的地方。

We ate ice cream and fudge pops for lunch.

我们午餐吃冰淇淋和奶油软糖。


We played outside as long as we wanted--

我们在外面玩了很久,


even after it was dark.

即使天黑了。

At dinnertime we just ordered in pizza and didn't use napkins.

在晚餐时,我们只订了萨饼而且没有使用餐巾。


I never took a bath--even if I was dirty.

我从来不洗澡,即使我很脏。


I kept lizards and frogs and snakes in the tub.

在浴缸里养蜥蜴、青蛙和蛇。

I watched television as late as I wanted

我看电视想看到几点就看到几点,


and never even had to go to bed.

甚至从不睡觉。


I got sleepy anyway and went upstairs.

这会儿我困了,于是我上楼去了。


But there was no one to tuck me in and read me a story.

但是没有人给我掖被子,给我读睡前故事。

Then I got scared,

然后我吓了一跳,


and there was no one to give me a hug.

没有人给我拥抱。


I began to cry.

我开始哭了。


I wanted my mommy and daddy.

我要找我的爸爸妈妈。


Suddenly someone was shaking me.

突然,有人在摇晃我。


It was my mom and dad.

是我的爸爸妈妈。


"You had a bad dream, " they said.

“你做噩梦了,”他们说。

"Time to put you in bed," said Dad.

“该把你放在床上了,”爸爸说。


"That's not a magic potion, is it?" I asked.

“那不是魔法药水,对吧?”我问。

"No, it's just warm milk," said Mom.

“不是,是热牛奶哦,”妈妈说。


"Good,"I said."I don't want a magic potion."

“好棒,”我说,“我不想要魔法药水。”


• END •

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章