亲子阅读📖《On the night you were born》你出生的那个晚上

适读年龄:8-12岁

今天的绘本故事是《On the Night You Were Born》。这本绘本不像是一个故事,更像是一首赞美新生命的颂歌,绘本中无论是画面还是文字,都如诗一般的美丽。

作者天马行空地调集了世间万物来歌颂新生命诞生:从翩翩起舞的北极熊,到万里归乡的大雁,再到温柔如水的明月,最后到天堂里齐鸣的号角。作者以此向世人宣告:每一个孩子都是独一无二的,都是上天赐予父母珍贵而神圣的礼物!

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked into see you and the night wind whispered, "life will never be the same."

在你出生的那一晚,月亮微笑着,星星也偷偷的看你,夜风低声说,“生活永远不一样。”



Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world.

因为这世界上从来没有任何像你一样的人。

So enchanted with you were the wind and the rain that they whispered the sound of your wonderful name.

所以风和雨他们悄悄的说出你美妙的名字。



The sound of your name is a magical one.

你的名字是多么的神奇。


Let's say it out loud before we go on.

让我再念一次你美妙的名字。

It sailed through the farmland high on the breeze...

它在微风中高空飞过...

Over the ocean...

飞过了海洋......

And through the trees...

飞过了森林......

Until everyone heard it and everyone knew of the one and only ever you.

直到每个人都听到了你的名字,直到每个人都知道了独一无二的你。

Not once had there been such eyes, such a nose, such silly, wiggly, wonderful toes.

从来没有像你这样的眼睛,这样的鼻子,这么萌萌又可爱的小脚丫。



In fact, I think I'll count to three so you can wiggle your toes for me.

来,等我数到三,你就为我摇摇你的小脚丫。

When the polar bears heard, they danced until dawn.

当北极熊听到你的名字,他们为你庆祝,为你开心,跳舞直到黎明。

From faraway places, the geese flew home.

大雁为你激动地从远方飞回了家。

The moon stayed up until morning next day.

月亮也为你一直逗留到了第二天早上。

And none of the ladybugs flew away.

所有的七星瓢虫都在为你逗留。


So whenever you doubt just how special you are and you wonder who loves you, how much and how far, listen for geese honking high in the sky.

所以每当你怀疑你是多么的特别,每当你怀疑到底有谁爱你:爱你多少,爱你多久?宝贝,听那高耸在天空的大雁。


(They're singing a song to remember you by.)

(他们正在唱一首歌来记住你。)



Or notice the bears asleep at the zoo.

或者看那熊在动物园里睡着了。


(It's because they've been dancing all night for you!)

(因为他们一直在为你跳舞!直到疲惫。)



Or drift off to sleep to the sound of the wind.

或者听那风声。


(Listen closely... It's whispering your name again!)

(仔细听...它们在悄悄说着你的名字!)

If the moon stays up until morning one day, or a ladybug lands and decides to stay, or a little bird sits at your window awhile, it's because they're all hoping to see you smile.

如果月亮一直呆到了第二天早上,或者瓢虫决定落地逗留,又或者一只小鸟坐在你的窗边看着你,那都是因为他们都希望看到你的微笑。

For never before in story or rhyme (not even once upon a time) has the world ever known a you, my friend, and it never will, not ever again...

因为这样独一无二的你从来没有出现在任何故事或者童话里(甚至一次都没有),我的朋友,它永远永远不会再有这样的你......

Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born.

在你出生的那奇妙的一夜,天堂响起了最美妙的音乐。




• END •

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章