親子閱讀📖《What A Bad Dream》可怕的夢

適讀年齡:6-9歲

今天分享小毛怪系列故事,名字叫《What a Bad Dream》,小毛怪Litter Critter做了一個夢,他夢到自己長出了尖尖的牙齒和長長的尾巴,他擁有了一雙蝙蝠的翅膀,他養了一隻大猩猩做寵物。他也不用去上學了,想去哪兒就去哪兒,不用洗澡,不用收拾房間,餓了就喫冰淇淋...可是到了晚上,誰放他進被窩呢?誰給他講睡前故事呢?誰給他愛的抱抱呢?

I had a dream that I made a magic potion.

我做了一個夢,夢裏我製造出了魔法藥水。


After I mixed it up, I drank the potion down.

在我混合好藥水後,我把藥水喝了。

Then weird things started to happen,

接着,奇怪的事情開始發生了,


just like in a spooky show on television.

就像在電視上的恐怖秀裏一樣。


I changed.

我變了。


I grew pointy fangs and long claws.

我長出了尖尖的牙齒和長長的爪子。


I had bat wings and a long tail.

我長出了蝙蝠一樣的翅膀和長長的尾巴。

I could roar so loud that I scared everybody,

我可以大聲咆哮,嚇到每個人,


and they left me alone.

於是他們留下我一個人待著。


Then I did whatever I wanted.

然後我做了我想做的任何事。

I lived all by myself.

我獨自生活。


My room looked just the way I wanted it to look.

我的房間看起來正是我想要的樣子。


I had cookies and ice cream for breakfast.

我早餐吃了餅乾和冰淇淋。

I never brushed my fur or my fangs

我從來沒有刷過我的皮毛或尖牙,


and I never changed my clothes.

也從未換過衣服。


I got a gorilla for a pet.

我養了一隻大猩猩做寵物。

I didn't go to school.

我沒有去學校。


I just rode my bicycle wherever I wanted.

我只是騎自行車到我想去的地方。

We ate ice cream and fudge pops for lunch.

我們午餐喫冰淇淋和奶油軟糖。


We played outside as long as we wanted--

我們在外面玩了很久,


even after it was dark.

即使天黑了。

At dinnertime we just ordered in pizza and didn't use napkins.

在晚餐時,我們只訂了薩餅而且沒有使用餐巾。


I never took a bath--even if I was dirty.

我從來不洗澡,即使我很髒。


I kept lizards and frogs and snakes in the tub.

在浴缸裏養蜥蜴、青蛙和蛇。

I watched television as late as I wanted

我看電視想看到幾點就看到幾點,


and never even had to go to bed.

甚至從不睡覺。


I got sleepy anyway and went upstairs.

這會兒我困了,於是我上樓去了。


But there was no one to tuck me in and read me a story.

但是沒有人給我掖被子,給我讀睡前故事。

Then I got scared,

然後我嚇了一跳,


and there was no one to give me a hug.

沒有人給我擁抱。


I began to cry.

我開始哭了。


I wanted my mommy and daddy.

我要找我的爸爸媽媽。


Suddenly someone was shaking me.

突然,有人在搖晃我。


It was my mom and dad.

是我的爸爸媽媽。


"You had a bad dream, " they said.

“你做噩夢了,”他們說。

"Time to put you in bed," said Dad.

“該把你放在牀上了,”爸爸說。


"That's not a magic potion, is it?" I asked.

“那不是魔法藥水,對吧?”我問。

"No, it's just warm milk," said Mom.

“不是,是熱牛奶哦,”媽媽說。


"Good,"I said."I don't want a magic potion."

“好棒,”我說,“我不想要魔法藥水。”


• END •

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章