看美劇練口語 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E06 Part2

Scene 4 Phil & Claire

[.]

  • A little help here?
  • A cello is more in demand in university orchestras. 大提琴手比較討大學管絃樂隊喜歡/更有需求。
    what's not in demand?
  • Don't remind me. 快別提了。
  • Don't forget, the driving instructor is picking you up from school. 別忘了 駕校教練會去接你下課
    -driving instructor 教練;
    -learner's permit 駕駛實習證,拿到此證後考駕照。
    -merge 並道
  • One of the really standard rules of the road/sth. ... 最基本的駕駛/sth.規則之一
  • You're freaking me out! 你把我弄崩潰了
  • Makes you realize1 we're all just hanging by a thread2. 讓我們倆覺得真是命懸一線啊。

[.]

  • This covers up more than my bathing suit.
    bathing suit 在美劇中比 swimming suit更常見。

Honey, you moving out? 寶貝 你是要搬出去嗎
Five more years. 再忍5年就搬
A little help here? 能幫點兒忙嗎
This is why we suggested the violin. 所以我們才建議你學小提琴
A cello is more in demand in university orchestras. 大提琴手比較討大學管絃樂隊喜歡
-You know what's not in demand? -Oh, what? -你知道什麼不討人喜歡嗎 -什麼
Girls who play in university orchestras. 參加管弦樂團的姑娘
-Here, I'll help you carry it out to the curb. -Okay. Here. -來 我幫你提到路邊去吧 -給
Phil, put on some pants. 菲爾 把褲子穿上
Come on! This covers up more than my bathing suit. 拜託 這褲子比我的泳褲長多了
And don't remind me. 別提你的泳褲了
Haley, honey- 海莉 親愛的
Don't forget, the driving instructor is picking you up from school. 別忘了 駕校教練會去接你下課
Can't he pick me up someplace else? 他就不能換個地兒接我嗎
I don't want kids at school thinking I'm dating... 我可不想讓同學以爲我在跟一個
a 40-year-old driving instructor who's not even cute. 40歲又不帥的駕校教練約會
Haley just got her learner's permit. 海莉剛拿到駕駛實習證
We've been taking turns driving with her. 我們輪流陪她開車
One of the really standard rules of the road... 最基本的駕駛規則之一
is we want to keep a safe distance 就是要和前面的車
between us and the car in front. 保持安全距離
-And that is not safe right there. Not safe. -Right. -這距離不安全 不安全啊 -對
-Okay, merge. -I- -好 並道 -我
Merge. Merge! Merge! Merge! Merge! 並道 並道 並道並道快並道
Stop it! You're freaking me out! 閉嘴 你再叫我都崩潰了.
This navigation system is all messed up. 這導航系統亂七八糟的
It thinks we're in a park. 上面說我們開進了一個公園裏
Oh, my God! It is a park! 我的天 還真是一個公園
-Away from the kids! -Oh, my God! -躲開那羣孩子 -噢 天啊
-Aim for the lake! -I wanted- -朝湖裏開 -我該

Scene 5 Jay & Gloria

  • Undermining one's confidence

The last thing Manny needs on his first day of school... 開學第一天 曼尼最不需要的
is you "undermelting" his confidence. 就是你"打計"他的自信心了
-Undermining. -Now you're doing it to me too. -是打擊 -你現在又打擊我了
I'm sorry, 我很抱歉
but there's only two places anyone should wear a poncho- 但人們只在兩種情況下穿雨披
Niagara Falls and log rides. 去尼亞加拉大瀑布和玩激流勇進
You think too much about these things. 你太小題大作了
I wear all sort of daring outfits all the time, 我向來都是隨心所欲 穿各種奇裝異服
and people admire them because I wear them with the confidence. 而別人都很膜拜我 因爲我穿出了自信
Yeah, I'm sure it's the confidence they're admiring. 他們肯定膜拜的只是你的自信

Scene 6 Mitchell & Cameron

[.]

  • I just think it's a little over-the-top. 我覺得這有點兒太過了.
  • You need to loosen up and have fun. 你該放鬆點兒,開心點兒
  • Put a little boogie in it. 要放搖滾了哦
  • I made a judgment call. 我只能見機行事
  • Maybe that's a bad sign. 也許這不是好兆頭呢.
  • So she can be all judgmental and condescending, 這樣她就可以盛氣凌人說三道四了
  • Usually we just gave time-outs. 一般我們只讓他們閉門思過而已。
  • she's not acting any differently, 她看起來也沒什麼不正常。
  • That helps.

[.]

  • smack their heads into a wall? 頭撞到牆。
    -smack vt. 拍, 打, 摑; n. 掌摑(聲); 拍擊(聲); adv. 直接地, 準確地, 恰好地;猛烈地, 急劇地.
    -smack their heads, bonked Lily's head, bang his head

I just-i just think it's a little over-the-top. 我只是覺得 這有點兒太過分了
You know what? You need to loosen up and have fun. 知道嗎 你該放鬆點兒 開心點兒
I am loose. I'm fun. 我夠放了 我夠開了
Remember, uh, breakfast for dinner last week? 還記得 上週用早餐當晚餐嗎
My idea. 就是我的主意
Ever since we brought Lily home, you've been tense. 自從帶莉莉回來後你就緊張得要死
All you do is put child locks on things, read parenting books. 你到處都上了兒童鎖 還盡讀些育兒書籍
Would you please stop and-Here, just hold your daughter. 你就不能消停一下嗎 來抱抱你女兒
Hold her and relax. 抱抱她 放鬆點
-All right, sweetheart, come on. -Just relax. -好吧 甜心 來吧 -放輕鬆
Aw, sweetheart. 小甜心
Did you put hair spray on this? 你給她噴了髮膠嗎
Just a little bit. I'm gonna put some music on. 一點點 我來放點音樂
No, Cam, I have to go to work. 不 小卡 我還要去上班
-Dance with her. -Come on, it's not time for this. -跟她跳跳舞 -別 沒時間了
Put a little boogie in it. 我要放舞曲了哦
Oh, come on. 饒了我吧
Just dance. You know you love this song. 跳吧 你知道這首歌是你的菜
This is actually a really good song. 的確是首好歌
All right. Okay. 那好吧 好吧
Who's a dancing queen, huh? 誰纔是舞后呢
Put a little boogie in it. 一起搖擺吧
See? Fun, right? 看 好玩吧 是不是
Oh, my-Was that her head? 媽呀 撞到她的頭了嗎
No, I think if it was her head, she would be- 不 我想要是撞到頭 她肯定早就
Yeah, it was her head. Okay. Okay. 好吧 是撞到頭了 不哭 不哭
Yes. Yes, I know. 沒事的 沒事的 我知道
I got Boo-boo Bear from the freezer. 我把布布熊冰袋拿來了
Why do you have chocolate on your face? 你臉上怎麼有巧克力
It was under a pie. 布布熊壓在派下面了
So you ate your way to it? 所以你就吃出了一條生路嗎
I made a judgment call. You weren't there. 我只能見機行事 你又不幫我
-Do you think she's all right? -She didn't cry that much. -你看她沒事吧 -她哭得沒那麼兇了
Maybe that's a bad sign. You know, 也許這不是好兆頭呢 你懂的
we should try and make her laugh. 我們得試着讓她笑出來
-Why? -'Cause that's how we'll know she's okay. -爲什麼 -那樣我們就知道她沒事了
Where's... uh... where's Doggy? 那個 狗狗在哪裏
Doggy. Doggy. Here, Doggy. 狗狗 狗狗 這兒 狗狗
Okay. There you go. 好吧 我來
But it's a dog. 狗不是這麼叫的
Yeah, I know. That's why it's funny. 我知道 所以纔好笑
I don't think it's as funny as you think it is. 我沒覺得有那麼好笑
Can we please just call your sister? 我們直接打給你姐吧
No, no. Cam-Cam--Why? 不 不 小卡 爲什麼
So she can be all judgmental and condescending, 這樣她就可以盛氣凌人說三道四了
like she's the expert and 就好像她是個專家
I don't know how to take care of a baby? 而我根本是育兒白癡
Mitchell, she is your family. 米奇爾 她是你的家人
Of course she's gonna be judgmental and condescending. 她當然會盛氣凌人說三道四了
Hello? 喂
Hey, hi, um-Not a big deal. Just wondering. 嗨 沒什麼大事兒 就是想問問
When your kids were small, did you ever- 你家孩子小時候 有沒有被你們
I don't know-smack their heads into a wall? 怎麼說呢 用頭撞過牆呢
Usually we just gave time-outs. 一般我們只讓他們閉門思過而已
No, no, accidentally. 不 不 是意外撞到
Um, we just kind of bonked Lily's head. 我們不小心撞到了莉莉的頭
It wasn't very hard and she's not acting any differently, 撞得不是很重 她也哭得不厲害
but I just worry- 但我還是擔心
Relax. It happens. 放鬆 常有的事啦
Luke used to bang his head all the time and he's fine. 盧克就老是撞到頭 不也好好的
Okay, all right, thank you. Thanks. That helps. Okay, okay. 好吧 謝謝你 真心感激 好的
We gotta take her to the doctor. Load up the car. 我們得帶她去看醫生 把車開出來

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章