看美剧练口语 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E06 Part4

Scene 10 Phil & Claire

  • If only there was some way we could settle this once and for all. 有什么办法能一举解决这个问题。
  • You seriously wanna race me? 你真想跟我比吗?
  • I got a conference call. 我得开个电话会议.
  • [舌侧音练习]
    -Phil,
    -settle, settle this once and for-all.
    -half-marathon, half-scared,
    -I'll, call: I'll have a conference call.

I always take the stairs two at a time. 我一直两步一级地上楼
I don't even think about it anymore. 想都不用想的
The regular way would seem weird. 普通人爬楼梯简直弱爆了
Phil, let it go. I'm faster than you. 菲尔 省省吧 我就是比你快
If only there was some way we could settle this once and for all. 有什么办法能一次性解决这个争论就好了
But how? 可该用什么办法呢
You seriously wanna race me? 你真想跟我比吗
I ran a half-marathon last year. 我去年可跑了半个马拉松的距离
Wow. I'm half-scared. 我也吓破了半个胆
Okay, we do need to do this. I'll go change. 好吧 确实得比一比 我去换衣服
Not now. I got a conference call. But how about after that? 现在不行 我得开个电话会议 会后如何
-Great. This afternoon. -Sweet. -很好 就今下午 -太棒了
Two at a time, two at a ti- 两阶一步 两阶一步
Son of a-Gotta fix that step! 我去 这楼梯得修了
Two at a time! Already at the top, so- 两阶一步 顺利登顶.

Scene 11 Mitchell & Cameron

  • it was supposed to.
    -It was ought to . That ought to be easy to remember.
  • -But the real thing is that ..., 但实际上.
    -actually, In act or in fact; really; in truth; positively. actively.
  • I just assumed that ... 我只是以为...
  • I'm on call today. 今天由我值班.
  • I went through a dozen eggs. 我耗费了一打鸡蛋。
    -went through 经历,遭遇,尝试,经过,审查。 用处多,上下文环境来体会。
  • There doesn't seem to be any mark. 看上去没留什么印迹.
  • I thought it might be medically relevant. 我觉得这有助于诊断.
  • You'll be pleased to know that Mitchell and I intend on raising Lily with influences from her Asian heritage. 我想你会很开心了解我们打算让莉莉从小接触到亚洲文化的氛围。
  • That is fantastic. 很好啊。现今fantastic多隐含讽刺意,就如呵呵不再单纯的是笑的意思。
  • there's a fantastic pho place right around the corner from our house. 我们家的拐角处有一个超棒的越南米粉店。
  • he's a nervous eater. 他是个一紧张就爱吃东西的人。She's a sad eater.
  • It was a wig, actually. Sort of a ghetto-fabulous Afro thing. 是假发 时下流行的非洲爆炸头.
    -wig n. 假发; 法官帽.
  • it happened a couple hours ago on a doorjamb. 大概几小时前, 撞到在门框上了.
    -doorjamb 门柱,门框。

Hi, I'm Dr. Miura. I'm on call today. 我是缪拉医生 今天由我值班
Looks like we have a little head bump. 看起来我们是撞到了头
Yeah, it happened a couple hours ago on a-on a doorjamb. 对 大概几小时前 撞到在门框上了
We used to do this thing in school... 我们以前在学校参加过一种课程
where they would give you an egg and you couldn't break it. 给你一个鸡蛋 你不能把它弄破了
And it was supposed to teach you how hard it was to be a parent. 这是为了让你体验到为人父母的艰难
But the real thing, 但实际上
I-it's so much harder. You know? 为人父母比那个难多了
We did that in my school too. 我在学校也做过这个
Didn't turn out so well. 结果都不太理想
I went through a dozen eggs. 我耗费了一打鸡蛋
Yeah, well, he's a nervous eater. 他一紧张就开始吃
No, I broke a dozen eggs. 不 鸡蛋是被我弄破了
I'm sorry. I just assumed that- 很抱歉 我只是以为
I know. 我懂
I know what you assumed. 我懂你怎么想的
There doesn't seem to be any mark. 看上去没留什么印迹
-Well, her head was somewhat protected. -Protected? -她头上其实戴了护具 -护具
-Was she wearing a-a hat? -Yes, yes, like a hat. -她戴了一个帽子吗 -对 差不多
It was a wig, actually. Sort of a ghetto-fabulous Afro thing. 是假发 时下流行的非洲爆炸头
I thought it might be medically relevant. 我觉得这有助于诊断
Really? 是吗
You thought "Ghetto-fabulous" Might be medically relevant? 你觉得"时下流行"跟诊断有关吗
-Maybe I should just finish with the exam. -Yes, thanks. -我还是继续检查好了 -好的 谢谢
You'll be pleased to know that Mitchell and I intend on 我想你会很高兴知道我们打算
raising Lily with influences from her Asian heritage. 让莉莉从小接触到亚洲文化的氛围
That is fantastic. 很好啊
Have you noticed any vomiting since the head bump? 撞到头之后有没有呕吐现象呢
Uh, no. No, no, no. 不 不 没有
We've hung some art in her room. Some Asian art. 我们在她房里挂了些东方艺术品
And then when she's ready for solid food, 当她可以吃固体食物时
there's a fantastic pho place... 我们家的拐角处
right around the corner from our house. 就有一个超棒的越南米粉店
Am I pronouncing that right? Is it pho? 我发音对吗 是米粉吗
It's a soup. 一种汤面
I don't know. I'm from Denver. 我不知道 我是丹佛人
We don't have a lot of pho there. 我们那儿没有什么 米粉
Uh, just to be sure, 再确认一下
could you show me how hard Lily got hit? 能给我演示一下莉莉撞得有多厉害吗
And use your head. 就用你的头
Um, yeah. Really, it was-it was just sorta, like, uh- 差不多 就像这样
-You know? -Could I see that again? -懂了吗 -能再来一次吗
Um, it was just-just a head bump, you know. 就是 就是撞了一下头 你知道的
-How are you feeling? -Uh, fine. -那你什么感觉 -还好吧
So is Lily. 莉莉也这么觉得
Babies are designed to survive new parents, 宝宝天生自会应对新手家长
so stop worrying. 所以别担心了
You guys are doing great. 你们做得很好了
Thank you. 谢谢
Denver. 我是丹佛人

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章