看美剧练口语 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E06 Part3

-Gloria? -I'm here. -歌洛莉亚 -我在这儿
I, uh, just dropped Manny off at school, and I realized... 我刚把曼尼送到学校 突然发现
I just dropped Manny off at school. 我刚把曼尼送到学校了
Oh, boy. 我的妈呀
And I was hoping we'd still have a few more good years 我还以为在你老年痴呆前
-before the mind started to go. -No, what I'm saying, -我们还能过几年好日子呢 -不 我是说
we have the day to ourselves, the first time in months. 几个月来 我们终于能过过二人世界了
We should take advantage of it. 我们得好好利用呀
Go to the club, 去俱乐部玩玩
nice lunch, 吃顿好的
some massages. 做做按摩
-What about work? -I'm the boss. -你的工作呢 -我是老板啊
Since I married you, people are surprised I come in at all. 自从娶了你 人家都好奇我居然还去上班
Jay's very spontaneous. 杰很有心思
He's always surprising me with little presents, fun getaways. 他总能给我惊喜 小礼物啊 度假啊
I wasn't the greatest husband the first time around, 第一次结婚时 我没怎么尽责
but I'm trying to do better this time. 不过这次我在努力改进
And maybe by my third marriage, I'll have it down pat. 也许下次结婚 我就能成模范了
Yeah, that one's gonna cost me. 得 待会儿就得为此付出代价了
What ya reading there? A book? 你在看什么书呢
Yeah. I've been meaning to get to it for a while. 对 我老早就想读这本了
Ooh, it's got a map at the beginning. 开篇有个地图
I like it when books do that. 我喜欢这种的
Don't you have an open house this morning? 你今早不是要带客人去看房吗
I rescheduled. 我改时间了
Thought you might like some company. 我想你也许希望我陪陪你
Well, the first day of school can be tough 对家庭主妇们来说
for stay-at-home moms. 开学第一天肯定无聊至极吧
Now, you have to understand, 因为你不得不适应
the kids are gone, the nest is empty. 孩子们也走了 巢也空了
They are rudderless. 她们一下慌了神了
And a lot of guys wouldn't even notice, 而大多数男人都不会注意到这一点
but I'm not a lot of guys. 不过我可不是这样的男人
I listen with my mind, 我总是用心聆听
and if you pay attention, women will tell you what they want... 而如果你仔细观察 会发现女人总是
by telling you the opposite of what they want. 嘴上说一套 心里想另外一套
Like the other day, Claire was, like, "You have to move your car. 有一天 克莱尔说"把你的车挪开点"
There's no space in the garage for both of our cars." "车库里装不下我们俩的车"
And what she's really saying is that, 而她其实想说的是
you know, I should probably get a sports car. 也许我该换一辆跑车
I was sort of looking forward to a quiet day. 我是想要安静一天的
Thought I'd just read, maybe go for a run later, that's it. 读读书 出去跑跑步之类的
Great. We'll run together. 好啊 我们一起去跑步吧
You don't have to do that. 你不必陪我的
I know. 我知道
Listening. 用心聆听
The thing is, I like to run alone. 其实呢 我就想一个人跑步
And I run kinda fast, so- 而且我跑得挺快 所以
-So? -So I'm not sure you're gonna be able to keep up with me. -所以什么 -所以我不确定你跟得上
-You're kid-you're kidding, right? -No. -你开玩笑的吧 -不是
You really think I can't keep up with you? 你真觉得我追不上你吗
I'm not sure you can keep up with this conversation. 我觉得你都没理解我的意思
I think you're forgetting that I power-walk every morning... 你肯定忘了我每天早上都竞走的
and that I wear my special shoes with the big soles, 还穿着一个医生设计的
which were designed by a doctor. 特制厚底健步鞋
Yes, I know. But I run every day. 对 我知道 可我每天都跑步
You really think you can run as fast as me? 你真觉得你能跑的和我一样快吗
No, Phil, I think I can run much, much faster... 不 菲尔 我跑起来可远远得
than you. 比你快
Boom. Just like that, the whole day changed. 砰 就这样 一整天都逆转了
It was game on. She knew it. 杠上了 她知道
I knew it. We both knew it. 我知道 我们都知道
I just wanna read. 我只是想看会儿书
I think I'II order what I had the last time. 我要预约上次帮我按的那个人
What was that called? 叫什么来着
You want me to say it 你只是想让我说出口
-because you want me to roll my R's. -Come on! -因为你想听我发弹舌R音 -说一个吧
Reuben. 鲁儿宾
-Jay, what is this? -Oh, looks like my old car cover. -杰 这是什么 -可能是旧盖车布吧
Don't give me that. This is Manny's poncho. 少来这一套 这是曼尼的斗篷
What is it doing here? 它怎么在这儿
Maybe he decided to take it off on the way to school. 也许在上学路上他突然打算脱了它
What did you say to him? 你跟他说什么了
Nothing. I... told some jokes. 没什么 我就说了点儿笑话
You say plenty with your jokes. 你肯定胡扯了一大篇
Jay, he looks up to you. 杰 他很崇拜你的
He respects your opinion. 他那么尊重你的意见
We dodged a bullet on this. 我们是躲过了一劫
Trust me. I've been down this road before. 相信我 我是过来人
I remember one time Mitchell 我记得有一次米奇尔
decided to wear a jaunty scarf to school. 决定带着一个搞笑的围巾去上课
I kept my mouth shut. 我什么都没说
He got his jaunty butt kicked. 结果他被踢得屁股了开花
My dad has this perception that I was very flamboyant as a kid, 我爸总觉得我从小就挺花枝招展的
which is just-it's nonsense, 简直是纯属鬼扯
because I kept the whole gay thing very under wraps. 我的同志行为一直都掩藏的超好的
You know, I was just a guy's guy. 我完全是男人中的男人
I was basically a jock. 基本都算是运动健将型了
You know? 你们懂的
So we should crush Manny's spirit... 那我们就该扭曲曼尼的思想
and destroy everything that makes him who he is. 毁掉他的天性吗
I'm just saying, 我只是说
it's no fun to see your kid get picked on every day, 我可不乐意 看着儿子天天受人欺负
getting tormented just because he's different. 被人折磨 就因为他与众不同
Now I'm telling you, it rips your heart out. 现在我跟你说了 你又得伤心了
Well, Batman doesn't get picked on and he wears a cape. 蝙蝠侠也穿着披肩 就没人指责他
A poncho is just a cape that goes all the way around. 斗篷不就跟披肩差不多啊
Batman doesn't get picked on because he's a muscular genius. 蝙蝠侠不受指责 因为他是个大侠
Manny can't make it to the top bunk. 曼尼连上铺都爬不上去
We're taking this poncho to Manny at school. 我们要去学校把斗篷给曼尼
It's important that he knows we support him. 必须让他知道 我们是站在他这边的
And then we go get those massages, because that sounds good. 之后我们去做按摩 这主意还不赖
I always take the stairs two at a time. 我一直两步一级地上楼
I don't even think about it anymore. 想都不用想的
The regular way would seem weird. 普通人爬楼梯简直弱爆了

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章