看美剧练口语 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E03 Part2

Scene 5 Phil & Claire , Jay & Gloria

  • That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. 多谢好意,不过不用了。
  • It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon? 就一个下午穿得像个女孩会死吗?
  • It's non-negotiable. 没得商量。
  • He's not a talker or a hugger. 他不爱说话也不喜欢拥抱.
  • but basically ... 但基本上...
  • that primal place where it started. 在原地踏步
  • presenting their nice scarlet behinds.
    -scarlet /'skɑːlɪt/ /'skɑrlət/ 注意英音与美音发间差别。adj. 罪孽深重的;淫荡的;n. 猩红色;绯红色;鲜红色布.
  • behinds Phil在这句中说的b的爆破非常明显。
  • You wanna go fly it? 元+元连读加j&省音。 fly(j)i-
  • with kind of an invisible asterisk. 外界看不出来。
    -asterisk n. 星号;vt. 注上星号。
  • silverback n. 银背大猩猩. Gorilla n. 大猩猩. ape n. 猿. [同义替换词,阅读中的习惯与技巧]

Manny brought his favorite game to play with Luke. 曼尼把他最喜欢的桌游带来跟卢克一起玩
It's called Empire. 叫帝国时代
You use strategy to expand territories and take over the world. 玩家要运用策略 攻城掠地 一统天下
Luke is gonna love that. He's out back playing. 卢克会爱死这游戏的 他正在后院玩呢
Do you need me to get you something while I'm out shopping? 我要出去买东西 需要给你带点什么回来吗
That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. Thanks. 多谢好意了 不过用不着 多谢
Okay. What about this? 你看 这样如何
You don't even say "Hello" To Gloria and Manny? 你都不跟歌洛莉亚和曼尼打招呼的吗
Hi, Gloria and Manny. Okay, Mom, what about this? 嗨 歌洛莉亚和曼尼 妈 到底怎么样
-No. You're wearing a dress. -Mom, come on. -不行 必须穿裙子 -妈 拜托
What? It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon? 怎么啦 今天一下午穿得像个女孩会死吗
But it's a wedding for some friend of yours I never even heard of. 要结婚的可是你的朋友 虽然我完全没听说过
It's non-negotiable. You can borrow a dress of Haley's again. 没得商量 裙子你可以再去跟海莉借
No. 才不要
That sends an ugly message-that I'm Haley. 那会让人错以为 我是不争气的海莉
You know, instead of trying to force me to wear a dress, 比起逼着我穿裙子
why don't you worry about getting Luke to wear some pants? 你是不是更该操心怎么让卢克穿裤子
What? Why does he do this? 什么 他这是要闹哪样
Luke! 卢克
Pants! Come on! 拜托 快穿裤子
Jay and I are buds, for sure- 我跟杰真是铁哥们儿 真的
but with kind of, um, an invisible asterisk. 但我们的亲密关系外界看不出来
Um, he's not, uh-He's not a talker. 他嘛 不是很爱说话
Or-Or a hugger. 也不喜欢拥抱
Once he ran over my foot with his car. 有一次他开车碾过我的脚
To-To be fair, he had just given up smoking, 不过说实话 那时他刚戒烟很烦躁
but basically we're-we're buds. 但基本上我们绝对是铁哥们儿
Do you have to just stand there? 你非得在那傻站着吗
You're making me feel uneasy. 你这样弄得我很不自在
Oh, for God's sake. Sit here. Here. 老天啊 你就坐那吧
Hold this wing like this while I adjust this. 像这样扶住机翼 我要调下这边
Okay. 好的
Come on. Here. 过来 坐这儿
Not too hard. 不要太用力
Alex, why don't you come shopping with me? 艾丽克斯 何不跟我购物去呢
Maybe I can help you find something that you like. 也许我能帮你找到些你喜欢的东西
That's a really nice offer, but it's not really her thing. 多谢你的好意了 但她不怎么喜好逛街
Actually, I'd love to go. 实际上 我挺想去的
See, you don't know what my thing is. 老实说 你完全不知道我的喜好是什么
You have no idea what my thing is. 你对我的喜好一无所知
I know what your thing is. 我知道得非常清楚
Your thing is to provoke, just like your sister's thing... 你就爱激怒老娘发火 你姐呢
is to never come out of her room, 就是一天到晚宅在房里
and your brother's thing- 而你那个老弟呢
Well, there's your brother's thing. 就好这一口
Luke! Put 'em on! Mm-hmm. 卢克 快穿上裤子
The thing about me and Jay is our relationship's... 我跟杰的关系存在的问题就是...
always been stuck in that, 总是停滞不前
that primal place where it started. 总在原地踏步
You know, he's the old silverback protecting his females, 你懂的 他就像个护雌的银背大猩猩
then along comes this younger, stronger gorilla swinging in, 一旦有一只更年轻力壮的猩猩进入族群
beating his chest. 把老的那只打败了
You know, naturally, the ape ladies come running, 你懂的 很自然的 那些雌猩猩就会
presenting their nice scarlet behinds. 投怀送抱 求勾搭求包养
Papa ape wants to stop all that, but he can't. 猩猩爸爸想要阻止 但办不到
You know? That's-That's life. I'm not the enemy. 你明白吗 生命规律就是那样的 我不是敌人
The enemy is poachers. 偷猎者才是
That'll do it. Don't touch it. 好了 别碰
All right. 好吧
-You wanna go fly it? -Sure. -一起玩飞机去吗 -好啊

Scene 6 Mitchell & Cameron

  • I feel you rolling your eyes at me. 我感觉你对我翻白眼了。
  • I had no idea how to act out my clue. 我不知道该怎么把线索用手势表演出来.
  • A little bit. 有那么一点儿。
  • without missing a beat,... 立马...
  • general store 杂货店.
  • charade /ʃə'rɑːd/ /ʃə'red/ 英音美音差别。n. 看手势猜字谜游戏。 Let's play charade. 咱们来玩看手势猜字谜游戏。
  • he kept rolling his eyes every time I would get a little boisterous. 每当我兴奋地叫喊,他就冲我翻白眼。
    -boisterous /'bɒɪst(ə)rəs/ /'bɔɪstərəs/ GRE adj. 热闹的;喧闹的; 粗鲁的.
  • paper shredder 碎纸机.
  • Confetti and crosscut. 五彩纸屑 ,还能横切

Oh. Hey, I got the toothpaste and the soap. 我拿了牙膏和香皂
Good. Now we can open that general store. 真棒 现在我们都能开杂货店了
I thought we were just here to get diapers. 我还以为我们只是来买尿布的呢
We had a saying on the farm: 农场里有句俗话流传很广
as long as you're bringing the mule to the market, you- 既然已经把骡子拉到集市上...
I feel you rolling your eyes at me. 我感觉到你在对我翻白眼
We met at one of Pepper's legendary game nights. 我们是在胡娇组织的一次传奇游戏夜上相识的
I remember Mitchell because 我对米奇尔有印象是因为
he kept rolling his eyes every time I would get a little boisterous. 每当我兴奋地喊叫 他就冲我翻白眼
I did not. 我才没有
A little bit. 有一点儿哦
Yeah, maybe a little bit. 好吧 或许吧
Anyway, we were-we were playing charades, 总之 我们在玩字谜游戏时
and I had no idea how to act out my clue. 我不知道该怎么把线索用手势表演出来
And all I could think of to do was- 我只能想到这么来比划
And without missing a beat, Cam says- 而小卡立马就回答到
Casablanca. 卡萨布兰卡
-All I did was this--Casablanca. -我就这么比划了下 -卡萨布兰卡
Casablanca. 卡萨布兰卡
Can we just please get the diapers and get out of here? 我们能不能只拿尿布 买单闪人
Fine, but I wanna stop by the wine section first. 没问题 不过我想先去瞧瞧酒水区
Wait. There's a wine section? 等等 这儿居然有酒水区
Yeah, a really good one-just past the tires. 当然 挺棒的 就在轮胎区后面
No way. They do not have-Oh, my God. 不可能 他们才没有... 天呐
Oh, my-Cam. Cam. The paper shredder I wanted. 天啊 小卡 是我想要的那种碎纸机耶
Huh? Confetti and crosscut. 瞧瞧 五彩纸屑 还能横切
Yep. 棒
Oh, my God. Amazing. 老天啊 好满足呀
Yeah. 是啊
Cam, what is this place? 小卡 这地方叫什么

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章