看美剧练口语 摩登家庭(ModernFamily) S01E05 Part1

Scene 1 Jay & Gloria

  • Your team scored two goals. 你们队得了两分。
  • Give me a break. 饶了我吧
  • French toaster sticks 法式烤面包棒,法棍。
  • the Ohio State. 俄亥俄州
  • 足球:在大部分国家叫做 football, 英国足球;
    在美国,加拿大,澳大利亚叫做 soccer; 在美语中football指美式的橄榄球
    (想到在《反击》中有个场景:holiday在英式、美式英语中的区别。--好像在S03E01开头)

Let's go, buddy. Schooltime. 走吧 伙计 该上学了
Oh, and Gloria, if you want to get together with the girls later, 歌洛莉亚 如果你待会和你闺蜜有约
I could just, you know, watch the football game or something. 我可以自己看看橄榄球赛什么的
That means he wants to watch a football game. 其实他就是想看橄榄球赛
I'm not talking to you. 我不是和你说话
What are you drinking coffee for anyway? 你为什么要喝咖啡
It's my culture. I'm Colombian. 这是我的文化习俗 我是哥伦比亚人
Oh, yeah? What part of Colombia 是吗 这些法式吐司
are those French toaster sticks from? 也是哥伦比亚的吗
Babe, I'm not sure about the game. 亲爱的 我不太确定你今天能看比赛
The whole family's coming over for the barbecue. 因为全家人都要过来烧烤
-That's today? -Sí. -是今天吗 -没错
It's the Ohio State game. 今天可是俄亥俄州赛
So? Everybody can watch. 那又怎样 每个人都能看
I don't like watching the game with people who don't know the game. 我不喜欢和不懂球的人一起看比赛
People talk. 七嘴八舌乱指点
You talk at my football games. 你也会乱指点我的橄榄球比赛
For one thing, it's called soccer. 首先 你那个是足球
Your team scored two goals all season. 而且你们队整个赛季只得了两分
I'm not taking a big risk. 我随便说也不会冒风险
How much of this did you drink? 你到底喝了多少啊
Give me a break. I have to climb a rope today. 饶了我吧 我今天得去攀绳呢

Scene 2 Phil & Claire

  • Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are?
  • there's book smart, and then there's street smart. -and then there's Luke. 卢克属于第三类。
    -book smart 读书大智慧
    -street smart 市井小聪明

-Hey, Mom. -Yeah? -妈妈 -怎么了
Can I have $40 for lunch? 能给我40块钱吃午饭吗
Forty dollars? 40块
-I also need a book for school. -What book? -学校还让我们买本书 -什么书
I want a dress. 我想买条裙子
Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are? 你知道你撒谎撒得多失败吗
I'd be more worried that 我更担心的是
she couldn't come up with a single book title. 她连一本书的名字都想不出来
Luke, come on. We're late. 卢克 快点 我们要迟到了
Mmm, there's a first-inside out and backwards. 这是第一次里外前后全都穿反了
At least it isn't zipped into his... 至少他没把衣服塞进...
Oh. There it is. 好吧 真塞进去了
Well, there's book smart, and then there's street smart. 有人是"读书大智慧" 也有人是"市井小聪明"
Yeah, and then there's Luke. 没错 卢克属于第三类怪胎
Oh, he's just... He's just curious. That's all. 他只是 他只是好奇心重 仅此而已
He's got this almost scientific mind... 他有着科学家的头脑
with a thirst for knowledge. 以及对知识的渴望
He's like this little Einstein. 他像小爱因斯坦一样
Some people ask, "Why?" 有些人会问"为什么"
Luke asks, "Why not?" 但卢克会问"为什么不呢"
I ask "Why?" a lot. 我经常问"为什么"

Scene 3 Phil & Claire

  • please don't spike our baby. 小心别弄伤孩子了
  • Double question to prove a point 双重反问。
  • referee n. 裁判员; vi.&vt. 担任裁判;仲裁.
  • antique fountain pens 古董钢笔.
    -fountain n. 喷泉,泉水.
  • I'm quite adept at Japanese flower arrangement- 我很擅长日式插花技术.
    -flower arrangement 插花.
    -ikebana "花道".
  • starting offensive lineman 进攻内锋。
  • the University of Illinois 伊利诺伊大学。
  • home pickle-making 腌菜。 a sack of pickles 一包腌菜。
  • scrapbooking 剪贴簿。

We're at the ten. We're at the five. 我们在十码区 现在是五码区
We're at the one. Daddy, we're scoring a touchdown! 到达一码 爸爸 我们触地得分啦
No, please... please don't spike our baby. 别 小心别弄伤孩子了
Why is she dressed like the Hamburglar? 为什么她穿得像汉堡神偷公仔
She's a referee. 她是裁判
Do... Do we even have to go to my dad's tonight? 我们今晚一定要去我爸那里吗
Are you kidding me? We're playing Ohio State. 你在开玩笑吗 今晚是俄亥俄州赛
I collect antique fountain pens. 我收集古董钢笔
I'm quite adept at Japanese flower arrangement- 我很擅长日式插花技术
ikebana- "花道"
and I was a starting offensive lineman at the University of Illinois. 而且我曾是伊利诺伊大学的首发进攻内锋
Surprise. 惊讶吧
-I don't like football. -You know what? -我不喜欢橄榄球 -你知道吗
I thought part of being in a relationship... 我认为维持恋情的一方面
was pretending to enjoy your partner's interests. 就是要爱屋及乌
Do you think I really loved home pickle-making? 你以为我真的喜欢做腌菜吗
Yeah, 'cause you did. 是的 因为你确实喜欢
For a week, 就喜欢一周
until we became the weird guys who gave everybody pickles. 到后来别人都以为我们是到处送腌菜的怪胎
Oh, thank you, Marvin, for inviting us into your lovely home. 马文 谢谢邀请我们到你温馨的家来
Here. Would you care for a sack of pickles? 给你 请收下这包腌菜
It was charming. 你真可爱
We were picklers, Mitchell. 我们是腌菜工 米奇尔
Okay, you know what? Fine. 好吧 那就算了
Stay home with your little jagged scissors. 和你的小剪刀待在家里吧
Maybe catch up on your scrapbooking. 你可以继续弄你的剪贴簿
Come... You loved scrapbooking. 拜托 你也喜欢剪贴簿啊
Did I, Mitchell? Did I? 我有吗 米奇尔 我有吗
Stop. Don't do the "Double question to prove a point" thing. 够了 别以为搞个双重反问就是真的了
I hate it when people do that. 我讨厌别人那么做
Do you, Mitchell? Do you? 是吗 米奇尔 是吗
Stop, Lily. 别闹了 莉莉

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章